Pain has a way of clipping our wings and keeping us from being able to fly ... and if left unresolved for very long, you can almost forget that you were ever created to fly in the first place. ~William Paul Young, The Shack
Just keep moving forward and don't give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you. -Johnny Depp

Monday, June 6, 2011

The name's Migraine, Epic Migraine.

This stupid headache just won't go away. This is day three, and I have no idea how to fix it. More caffeine, no caffeine, sleep all day, stay up late, too many Vicodin, no pain killers at all, nothing's working.

Aside from that, things are progressing. Dr. P has essentially confirmed Fibromyalgia, which is a blessing. He prescribed Baclofen, a medication he has said is normally given to Multiple Sclerosis patients to control muscle spasms. I can't wait. It's a scary thing to get a sudden, unstoppable eye spasm while driving. I also get violent ones that make me kick my girlfriend in the middle of the night, or shriek out in pain in an otherwise quiet room.

I asked Dr. P about possibly getting an anti-depressant on board. Since I was once diagnosed as Bipolar (another doctor later said that was stupid, I couldn't possibly have Bipolar), he referred me to the clinic's psych doc, Dr. G. Dr. G is a lovely, friendly woman who just moved here from across the country. She feels that what I have is Bipolar type II. She prescribed Topamax, which is also said to help migraines. Again, I'm excited to try it. Dr. G also encouraged me to file for disability and see where that gets us now that we have a combination of diagnoses.

There's a ton more to talk about, I'm sure, but our monthly food money will be here at 8:00AM, and since it's currently 1:30AM, I need to at least attempt to lay down.

No comments: