Pain has a way of clipping our wings and keeping us from being able to fly ... and if left unresolved for very long, you can almost forget that you were ever created to fly in the first place. ~William Paul Young, The Shack
Just keep moving forward and don't give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you. -Johnny Depp

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sore and tired.

My day went like this:

  • 6/7/11 4:30PM: Wake up
  • ~10:00PM: Message brother that I eventually need a ride to the grocery store
  • Spend several hours watching TV on my laptop
  • 6/8/11 5:15 AM: Brother calls. He's awake now, do I want to go to the store?
  • ~5:30AM: Go to Food4Less by way of the mailbox, do month grocery shopping to the tune of $250.00 and the heaviest shopping cart in the recorded history of man. Brother's car reaching maximum capacity.
  • Go to brother's bank.
  • ~8:00AM: Get home. Enlist Shady's help lugging groceries into the house, making sure she doesn't lift anything she's not supposed to. (Her surgeon said nothing over 15 lbs for a month after the surgery. Dummy me then bought a huge turkey and four cubes of soda that I can't lift. Thank Jeebus for brother and the walker we borrowed, it was able to take a lot of weight.)
  • Put groceries away slowly, taking all three of us to do so.
  • Sit B.S.ing with brother for a bit, Shady goes to lay down.
  • Call Pharmacy shortly after 9:00AM. One prescription is ready (brain meds), one has been denied by my insurance, but is inexpensive (anti-convulsant for the Fibro-related muscle spasms). Shady's pain pills are also quoted as inexpensive.
  • Brother takes me to pharmacy. We wait around for the pain pills and inexpensive pills for me to be filled. Pain meds are even less expensive than quoted.
  • Subway break. I'm starved, and haven't had Subway in what seems like forever, due to Shady's Celiac. Brother and I spend our visit talking about how their in-house radio station should be dubbed "Waah FM."
  • Stop by mom's house to print financial info for hospital. Mom is surprisingly awake (she works nights) and is able to sign the letter  the hospital needs.
  • Home. So tired I can't even see.
  • Take one of the new meds, the anti-convulsion one. Try to lay down, realize one of the letters from the mailbox was telling me of a meeting they wanted me at today that they've been telling me for two months I don't need to attend.
  • Get up, call woman the meeting is with. Neither she, nor her assistant, are in the office.
  • ~12:00PM: Crash. Unsure if this is due to meds or just sleep-deprivation. 
  • ~8:20 PM: Awake. Need food. Snack on various things until noms are ready. Woman from the meeting called between 4:30 and 5:00PM. I'll call her again tomorrow.
  • Current time: 1:00AM. Type blog entry.
I'm frigging exhausted. That's more than I'm normally able to do in a week. Now that dinner's in my belleh where it belongs, it's time for "Night meds" and sleep."Night meds" is to include the first dose of the new brain pill, as well as the second of the anti-convusant, so we'll see how that goes.

Crap, no it's not. I forgot the sheets are in the wash. Crapcrapcrapcrap.

Ok, fine. I'll see what's on TV and take my meds as soon as the sheets go in the dryer. Crap.

No comments: